Informácie o pracovnom mieste
Mzdové podmienky (brutto):
Od 2500.00 € / mesiac
finálna úroveň základnej zložky mzdy závisí od skúseností a znalostí kandidáta*
Druh pracovného pomeru: full-time
Náplň práce, právomoci a zodpovednosti
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a commercially focused Life Actuary to join Zurich’s Legacy Solutions (ZLS) business. ZLS focuses primarily on runoff portfolios.
You will be working in an international team of experienced actuaries who help manage a large Individual Disability Insurance (IDI) portfolio in the US. You will work alongside the opining life actuary supporting with regular portfolio monitoring and reporting requirements, as well as undertaking ad-hoc bespoke analysis. A prime focus will be increasing the efficiency of existing processes as well as generating insights for the management – responsibilities that will provide you with a large variety of opportunities and exposure to a wide range of stakeholders.
All of the above, combined with exposure to different accounting standards and regulatory frameworks will guarantee an environment in which you can grow in many ways.
We anticipate that the motivated actuary will grow to assume a wide range of responsibilities including these:
- Preparing regular updates and reporting of IDI liabilities (three portfolios) and a small life portfolio on different management bases
- Regular updates on cash flow analysis and comparisons with various requirements under reinsurance treaties
- Monitoring and reporting on Actual versus Expected outcomes
- Reconciling asset positions and liaising with Zurich Group Investment Management on liability cashflows and asset strategies
- Calculating and monitoring of IDI collateral positions for reinsurance
- Execution and Automation of regular reporting processes and controls, including the above
- Perform and communicate results of gross premium valuations and experience studies
- Supporting internal and statutory reporting
- Contributing to Swiss Solvency Test valuations and Internal Capital Model runs
- Additional ad-hoc analysis as required on all portfolios, including improving existing tools
- Collaborating with external partners as well as Group Actuarial and Group Reinsurance.
- Supporting the ZLS Chief Actuary/ Head of Claims performance as well as the opining life actuary with insights into underlying performance and implications for the business and assumptions used to model future policyholder behaviour.
- Adhere to professional standards of practice and continuing education as defined by the relevant local actuarial society, regulatory body, or other governing body.
Working time benefits
Personal days off, Concentrated work week, Additional vacation, Home office, Extra days off at occasion of childbirth, Sabbatical leave
Life insurance from Zurich Austria, Compensation for salary loss during sick leave, 3rd pension pillar contribution, Risk Life Insurance, Meal contribution on top of the legally required minimum, Years of service bonus, Wedding bonus, Baby bonus
Edenred electronic cafeteria, Public Transport contribution, Maternity leave benefits, Company and team events
Professional Certifications, Online Education Portals, Extensive Onboarding program, Strengths based culture (GALLUP)
- Location(s): Bratislava or Kosice co-working space
- Remote working: Yes (Slovakia based), if possible we would like to meet with you more often in the few first weeks
- Schedule: Full-time or shortened work schedule (We can provide 75% up to 100%/ Part-time 50%)
Požiadavky na zamestnanca
As an Actuary – Zurich Legacy Solutions, your skills and experience will ideally include:
- Qualified life actuary (FIA, SOA or equivalent) is an advantage.
- A high level of numeracy skills and an analytical approach to work is essential.
- Excellent team-working, communication and interpersonal skills are also required.
- A serious and professional attitude towards compliance of regulatory submissions with an eye for attention to detail in order to support accuracy.
- Programming skills in SQL and VBA are considered an advantage, Prophet, R or Python a further plus.
- Enthusiastic and positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and driven to deliver to set deadlines.
- Adaptability and Flexibility.
Zurich Insurance Company Ltd, organizačná zložka
Zurich Insurance Company Ltd is a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. With about 53,000 employees, it provides a wide range of property and casualty, and life insurance products and services in more than 210 countries and territories. Zurich’s customers include individuals, small businesses, and mid-sized and large companies, as well as multinational corporations.
Zurich Bratislava is a Slovakia-based competence center for highly specialized services in the areas of Life Actuarial, Non-life Pricing & Analytics, Claims, Risk Management, Business Intelligence, IT Application Development and Service Management - as well as Insurance Network Management.
An international workforce of close to 300 colleagues are supporting Zurich’s Corporate Center and Business Units around the globe.